Re: EDITOR

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 17:21:38 +0200, Henk Janssen wrote:
> As a result to that  I've looked into MUTT as it goes around here on a
> regular basis... But I have a HUGE problem with VI(M) as it is to much,
> just like emacs. Is there an alternative?

Quoting the mutt manual:

	6.3.39.  editor

	Type: path
	Default: ""

	This variable specifies which editor is used by mutt.  It defaults
	to the value of the EDITOR or VISUAL environment variable,
	or to the string "vi".

Which is very sensible behaviour IMHO. Thus, if you want to use "ae" (I'm
suspending disbelief here), you can either configure it specifically for
mutt:
	echo 'set editor=/bin/ae' >> $HOME/.muttrc

or as your default editor by putting
	VISUAL=/bin/ae
	export VISUAL
in your shell's init files.

HTH,
Ray
--
Tevens ben ik van mening dat Nederland overdekt dient te worden.