Re: Gnome under Debian

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 01:01:00PM +1000, Craig Holyoak wrote:
> Try removing your ~/.gnome/session file, or maybe kill all your apps,
> then save your session (under the Gnome menu Settings->Session->Save
> Current Session.
>
> I used to use Ximian Gnome, but after having too many problems, I
> switched to the Debian packages under unstable.

It didn't do the trick but it gave me an idea - I deleted everything from
the ~/,gnome/session file and saved a blank file. Logically, more
or less the same as what you suggested but done by hand. Now those
irritating windows have gone. One thing - Ximian is too much of a drain on
RAM to run on anything but a real top-end box.

Thanks for the help.

Sam
--
(Sam Varghese)