Re: Soundblaster 16

Many SB16 cards can be configured to select PnP or a fixed IRQ.  If
yours has that capability, you should definitely use a fixed IRQ.  In
my case, I created /etc/modutils/sb with the following line:

options io=0x220 irq=7 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=330

I then ran 'update-modules' (which creates /etc/modules.conf) and
'insmod sb' and sound was working.

I put this line in /etc/modules, so sound would be enabled after boot:
sb #Soundblaster 16

Bob