Re: j2dsk-doc-installer

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 11:06:47AM -0700, Mike Pfleger wrote:
| Hello.
|
| I'm running testing, and last night I tried to install j2sdk1.3.1 from
| Blackdown.  Everything went fine, until apt got to the doc-installer.
| It started to unpack the zip, and then dies when it wants to move the
| doc dir from a tmp dir it's made.  It looks in the _wrong_ place, so
| there's apparently something hosed in the installer deb.

Uh, hmm.  I installed it yesterday (I started downloaded at around
noon) and had no problems.  I was using the unc mirror and apt-get.
(it's ~25MB and took several hours on my little dial-up)  I haven't
tried running it yet since I found the problem with ant so it is now
working with jdk1.1 (and jikes).  [ For those who are curious, my
company is using features from 1.3 but the debs are only for 1.2.  I
had replaced the jar file, but not really -- just the symlink to the
real jar.  Once I replaced the real jar with 1.3 it was fine ]

| Any ideas?  On that note; would it have been better to have grabbed
| the woody pkgs instead of the potato pkgs?

Oh, I guess so.  I used woody instead of potato because I'm running
woody.

-D