j2dsk-doc-installer

Hello.

I'm running testing, and last night I tried to install j2sdk1.3.1 from
Blackdown.  Everything went fine, until apt got to the doc-installer.
It started to unpack the zip, and then dies when it wants to move the
doc dir from a tmp dir it's made.  It looks in the _wrong_ place, so
there's apparently something hosed in the installer deb.

So... what I want to know is there any way to hack the deb file (I've
never built a deb before :\ ) to fix this annoyance?  I've tried to
move the dir and re-run dpkg on this pkg, but it just nukes the dirs
and rebuilds them wrong (or right, depending on what part of the
script you believe, I guess).  I've filed a bug report, but my work
awaits, and my stress level is climbing.

I'm sure if I could unpack it, hack the script and rebuild the deb
everything would be fine, but I suspect that it's not so simple.
Besides, I don't exactly know where to start with the deb.

Any ideas?  On that note; would it have been better to have grabbed
the woody pkgs instead of the potato pkgs?

TIA,
Mike