Re: PHP4

Wayne Sitton wrote:

> I built a new server put Debian woody on it.  It has Apache 1.3.  I installed
>
> PHP4 from dselect.  when I go into the httpd.conf I don't find a load module
> for mod_php4.so but I do see a loadmodule for libphp4.so
>
> I set the funtions in the srm.conf, but when I go to the site it shows the
> php in text form.

I'm not an expert, but I added PHP4 last night to my apache on woody.

- I only installed the php4 package.

- apacheconfig didn't uncomment the libphp4.so line for some
  reason (I filed a bug report), I did it manually:

$ grep php /etc/apache/httpd.conf
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

- I have no mod_php4.so line nor do I need one.

- I wanted index.php to be picked up automatically idf present in
  a directory, so I edit the DirectotyIndex line in srm.conf to read:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.shtml index.htm index.php

- I wanted embedded php code to be parsed in HTML files, so I
  added this to srm.conf:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

It all works for me.

Peter