Re: PHP4

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 01:13:12PM -0500, Wayne Sitton wrote:

> I built a new server put Debian woody on it.  It has Apache 1.3.  I installed
> PHP4 from dselect.  when I go into the httpd.conf I don't find a load module
> for mod_php4.so but I do see a loadmodule for libphp4.so

That's the one ... uncomment it.

The other thing you'll need to do is find the AddType lines for php ... there is a set for php3 and a set for php4 ... uncomment the php4 ones.  you might also want to find the indexing directive and add .php .php3 .phtml and anything else you might use php related.

And of course /usr/sbin/apachectl restart

HTH

--
Hank Marquardt <hank@yerpso.net>
http://web.yerpso.net

Web & Database Development in PHP, MySQL/PostgreSQL
Small Office Networking Solutions - Debian GNU/Linux & FreeBSD
PHP Instructor - HTML Writers Guild <http://www.hwg.org>
*** PHP II "The Cool Stuff" starts July 16, 2001
*** http://www.hwg.org/services/classes/p181.1.html