Re: X 4.0.3 and agpgart

  I'm running Matrox G400 on an Intel BX440 motherboard. This is what I
have enabled in the kernel (2.4.6) to get through the part Jim is
talking about:

CONFIG_AGP=y
CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y

 As Sean noted depending on the chipset Jim may have to enable one of
the following:

# CONFIG_AGP_I810 is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_VIA is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_AMD is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_SIS is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_ALI is not set
# CONFIG_AGP_SWORKS is not set
CONFIG_DRM=y
# CONFIG_DRM_TDFX is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_GAMMA is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_R128 is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_RADEON is not set
# CONFIG_DRM_I810 is not set
CONFIG_DRM_MGA=m

 This is a snippet from my .config that also enables DRM and MGA driver
for Matrox. Also it seems to be a good idea to enable AGP 2 in the XFree
4.0.3. It sped up the loading time of Gnome considerably subjective to
my perception.
It is strange, but acceleration works really inconsistently in my case.
Mesa3D screensavers run beautifully, but I could not get Quake III to
run at all, it would segfault the XFree86.

 Alex.