Re: free software likes http://remindme.arsdigita.com/

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:48:03PM -0400, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Peter Kok <cckok00@hotmail.com> writes:
>
> > I would like to know where I can get free software as function
> >
> > http://remindme.arsdigita.com/
>
> Maybe http://www.arsdigita.com/acs-repository/?

Perhaps http://www.openacs.org/ ?

$ dpkg -p openacs
Package: openacs
Section: web
Installed-Size: 2527
Maintainer: Brent A. Fulgham <bfulgham@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 3.2.2beta3-2
Depends: aolserver, postgresql, postgresql-pl, libpgtcl, perl5
Suggests: openacs-doc
Filename: dists/woody/main/binary-i386/web/openacs_3.2.2beta3-2.deb
Size: 2538650
MD5sum: dc7284162ed16807651642735b775181
 This is the ArsDigita Community System ported to the Postgres RDBMS.
 It is a powerful platform upon  which you can build full-featured,
 production-ready community sites complete with forums, interactivity,
 and other so-called dynamic content.  It is implemented as a system of
 Tcl scripts written as add-ons for the AOLserver.
 .

If it is just for a reminder service, it can't be too hard to cobble up a
perl cgi script that schedules reminder jobs using "at".  Just be sure to
use taint mode and check all the input very carefully, including the email
addresses that are submitted (don't become a vehicle for harassment).

Cheers,

Joost