Re: OT: which journaling file system

I too asked this question ; there are a lot of
comparison around the net. But not from the benchmark,
...; just from my experience. I tested all of those.

Reiserfs still has stability problem and it uses
system resources more than others. Not

JFS serious stability ; absolutely not

XFS:  Good, stable, fast. But too heavy kernel image
you will get. Difficult to install from scratch. (you
have to have two partition, first install as usuall,
then complie your own XFS kernel and tool then make
xfs the other partition , transfer.  In  short it is
long time and the kernel patch is only available for a
limited kernel series (only linus)

ext3 Good, stable, fast. It is easy you can install in
the native ext2 and after that you make it to
journalling without any problem. If you need more
infor how to do, email me or do some searching :-)

One point you should know, XFS, JFS, Reiserfs is
journalling meta data only. ext3 journalling both data
and meta data as well.

Just my 2 cent...

 --- Philipp Zabel <zabel@wolfsburg.de> wrote: > hi!