Re: New-to-Debian

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:52:53AM +1000, K.P wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am NEW to the world of Linux and Debian has come higly recommended in Australia for its versatility. I have not tried it yet and I hope to gain some feedback as to whether Debian is appropriate for new users.

The best resource for new users IMHO is Bill McCarty's
book which is online at:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/debian/chapter/index.html

I could never get beyond the stage of installing the base
system until I printed this book out and followed the
instructions for setting up with apt. And I had a fair
degree of proficiency in installing plenty of other Linuxes,
including Slackware, at that point in time.

Sam
--
(Sam Varghese)
http://www.gnubies.com