Re: New-to-Debian

On Wednesday 18 July 2001 12:28 pm, harshu wrote:
> hi,
>
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:52:53AM +1000, K.P wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am NEW to the world of Linux and Debian has come higly
> > recommended in Australia for its versatility. I have not tried it
> > yet and I hope to gain some feedback as to whether Debian is
> > appropriate for new users.
>
> I am newbie myself. I find debian pretty easy to use. Just read the
> docs and you do pretty well.

My first linux experience was with debian, and although it was a little
rough at the beginning, I got things sorted out.  Just take things
slow, one step at a time.  Know I don't know how I did it, but I
confused myself to no end trying to install a full system with X,
gnome, and a bunch of apps all in one go from the CD.  Big mistake.
Get something simple working, and then go from there.  In general, that
will make your life a lot easier.

Happy hunting,

-Dan