Re: Urgent: how to rescan SCSI channel for new drives?

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 09:28:38AM +0200, Nico De Ranter wrote:
> is it possible to add a scsi drive to a Linux system without
> having to reboot the machine i.o.w. is there a way to rescan
> the scsi bus (cfr "drvconfig; disks" on Solaris) ?

The scsitools package contains a nice script to do it, entitled
rescan-scsi-bus.sh.  I believe the package only exists in unstable, and
it contains a few other tools in addition to rescan-scsi-bus.sh, but
since it's just a shell script you can just pull down the source for the
package and run the script from there.

I only wish there was something as complete and well integrated as
FreeBSD's camcontrol program.

noah