Java (was Re: [OT] beware citibank!)

Paul Mackinney wrote:
Jens Gecius uttered:

I have installed the j2sdk, I've tried manually placing symlinks from
.../jre/plugin/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji140.so to mozilla's plugin
folder.

Netscape 477's java VM works fine, but with ugly fonts and bad windows
sizes. Any suggestions?

There's something seriously messed up with debian/mozilla/java. However, I found the following usenet thread which helped me get mine working (I'm using the blackdown jre from testing with mozilla nightlies). The only thing I had to do was make the libXt.so symlink and java worked for me. If you can get it working without setting ASSUME_KERNEL, I would strongly recommend not setting it...

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mozilla+java+debian+symlink&hl=en&safe=off&rnum=2&ic=1&selm=4A9886ADB0%25news%40youmustbejoking.demon.cu.invalid

Hope that helps...