SOLVED: How to make HTML changes avail immediately?

Guenter Millahn schrieb am Mittwoch, dem 18. Juli 2001:

> M.PITZL@gmx.net schrieb am Mittwoch, dem 18. Juli 2001:
> > have you tried to set the expires meta tag on your pages?
> > Perhaps this will help you.
> > This informs the browser to get the page under all circumstances from the
> > webserver and to do no caching.

> > > I tried Netscape 4.76 (Solaris 2.6) and Lynx.
> > > Without any caching proxy.
> > > On Netscape, I removed the cache completely. No changes in reload.
>

> Tried this out with the above line at first. But the page isn't reloaeded.
> But I found out that this behaviour is only detected on .php/.phtml
> pages but not on .html
>
> >From my http.conf:
> LoadModule mime_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_mime.so
> LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
> <IfModule mod_dir.c>
>     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php3 index.htm index.shtml index.cgi index.php
> </IfModule>
> <IfModule mod_mime.c>
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .php4 .phtml
>     AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps
> </IfModule>

I found the reason and a solution for this behaviour:
1. I used the php4-apc module, and this seems to have problems with
   cache consistency of PHP scripts
2. I replaced this PHP module with the Zend Optimizer from Zend
   Technologies (distributed as binary, free of charge, but without
   Open Source license)
3. Restarted Apache, and all worked as I wished.
4. Thanks to all who answered to my request.

Greetings, Guenter