Re: MUAs that compare with Outlook (your chance to show how much better Linux is than MS!!)

Brian May <bam@debian.org> wrote:

> Also, I should add one extremely annoying and frustrating problem I
> have recently had in xemacs21-gtk/Gnus:
>
> I can select data in another X window, and paste into a Gnus
> message. That is good, normal, defacto X behaviour.
>
> However, if somebody sends me a long command line in a message, I
> can't copy it to a command prompt. Instead, the previous text that was
> already buffered gets pasted.
>
> So, either I have to retype this long command line, or I have to save
> the message to a file, and display it using less, and then mark the
> text for copying.
>
> Arrrggghhhh!

I don't know if this exist in XEmacs but GNU Emacs has the variable
`x-select-enable-clipboard'.  If you set it to t clipboard should work just
fine.  You may also want to look at `interprogram-cut-function' and
`interprogram-paste-function' if they exist in XEmacs.

> I filed a bug report, but so far no response.

It should be noted that both flavors of Emacsen has a very large and helpful
user community on Usenet who'll find a cure pretty much every problem you're
ever likely to have.

Henrik
--
How's the wife?  Is she at home enjoying capitalism?