Re: How to set up a "prefect" router

Wayne Topa uttered:

> 	Subject: Re: How to set up a "prefect" router
> 	Date: Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 12:16:30AM +0200

> Quoting Raffaele Sandrini(rasa@gmx.ch):
> > On Tuesday 17 July 2001 20:02, Michael B. Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Is there a one floppy linux you can recommend. I must have ppp included?
Check out http://www.linuxrouter.org/

My advice:
- If you're routing ethernet to ethernet, use the same card so that you
  only need one NIC module.
  perfectly.
- Consider the fact you could get a used 1 GB drive for <$25, this could
  be a router/mailserver/mini-website. Linux runs great on a older CPUs,
  just don't try to do extreme development or run X.
- Check out http://www.linuxrouter.org/
- If you do pull the hard drive, don't pull it until you've got the floppy boot working.

GL, PM