Safe mode (was: Re: But ....)

>>>>> "Joost" == Joost Kooij <joost@topaz.mdcc.cx> writes:

Joost> Perhaps it uses the standard bios interfaces only when in "safe
Joost> mode". IIRC the standard vga bios interface is limited to a
Joost> 640x480 resolution.

Standard VGA resolution, minimal device drivers loaded, no networking,
no sound, ...

Basically, the closest thing to `linux 1' you can get on a Windows
system.

It's only there so you can repair driver/IRQ settings and then reboot.
(Or when there's a problem booting the system - in that case, simply
reboot and hope it won't happen again :)

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>