Re: install debian up redhat 6.2 ...

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:42:24AM -0500, Saul Fabian wrote:
> I have a problem, ?How I can format my hard disk ?
>
> I want to change my redhat 6.2's linux to debian, but
> I can?t install debian. When I boot the debian
> installation disk, my system gives my this message:

> can anibody help my???

No need to "format" your harddisk.  Just reuse the existing
partitions and the debian installer will re"format" these
automatically as filesystems are created with mkfs.ext2.

In the case of a /home filesystem, you don't have to zap it,
you can simply mount the old filesystem during installation.

Cheers,

Joost