Re: Anyone succesfully using Alsa 0.9 and esound on unstable ?

christophe barbé wrote:

> This is certainly a clue why I never succeeded configuring my via686 with
> alsa. The libesd-alsa0 is certainly broken. I will try it soon.
> Are you using sid ?
>
> Christophe
>
> Le lun, 16 jui 2001 22:31:16, Andrea Vettorello a écrit :
> > Lars Knudsen wrote:
> >
> > > Hi folks,
> > >
> > > the subject really says it all. I have alsa 0.9
> > > working nicely when using aplay, but so far have
> > > not succeded in making it work with esound.
> > >

> > With my crappy integrated VIA686 esd works, but there is a disturbing
> > noise on
> > the left channel (if i use OSS the signal is "clean"), FYI i'm using it
> > with
> > libesd0 (not the libesd-alsa0)...

Yes, i'm tracking sid, but the configuration from the 0.5 version need a little
change to working with the 0.9 version,  i'm not an expert but actually the
driver don't work with the options for the playback and capture buffer
activated, so i've deleted the line. I've not investigated further...

I post the config below in any case.

"/etc/alsa/modutils/1.0"

# --- BEGIN: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---
# --- ALSACONF verion 0.4.3b ---
alias char-major-116 snd
alias snd-card-0 snd-card-via686a
alias char-major-14 soundcore
alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-0 snd-mixer-oss
alias sound-service-1-3 snd-pcm-oss
alias sound-service-1-12 snd-pcm-oss
options snd snd_major=116 snd_cards_limit=1 snd_device_mode=0660
snd_device_gid=29 snd_device_uid=0
options snd-card-via686a snd_index=0 snd_id=CARD_0 snd_mpu_port=0x300
snd_joystick=0x300
# --- END: Generated by ALSACONF, do not edit. ---

Hope this helps

Andrea