Re: XFree86 4

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Richard Black wrote:
> Did you get the correct driver from:
>
> http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
>
> I'm not sure that it is in the main stream of 4.x yet--the above site has details
> on that though

No, but I've found that the savag_drv.o file is already available, and with a
bit of playing (and noting the XF86Config-4 file is the one to change now!) I
have it working - sort of.  The link to XFree86 was already there.  All I need
to do now is work out why I'm getting a 1024x768 window on my 1152x846 desktop.
It was working fine, but this may be as a result of the changed driver.  I also
can't drive at 24 bit colour, but I can survive that for a while.  I may nab
the newer driver and try that to see what happens. Thanks for the replies :-)

---
Paul Tansom:    Talking to penguins can be inTUXicating, whereas
talking to windows is only 1 step away from talking to the wall!
---
Smoothwall firewall/router project: http://www.smoothwall.org/
Smoothwall project community contact: community@smoothwall.org