Installing Debian Linux

Hi!

My name is Jim. Windows is a pain in the neck so i decided to use linux ;o)
But i have a problem with the install. I downloaded the three mirror files
(.iso) and made myself the debian cds.

When i start to install Linux, everything is fine until i get to this spot:

Install the operating System kernel and the Device Drivers

I choose to install from the 1st cd, but instead of asking me what kind of
interface type i want to use (master, slave, ...), the computer checks the cd
and then suddenly it wants to install debian from the rescue disk. But even
that is not working, because after ca 10 sec of loading i get the message,
that it was not possible to load the rescue disk (i downloaded the mirror and
made one).

Did i do something wrong by creating the cds or the disk?
Hopefully u are able to help me!

Thanks
Jim