Re: startx -- :1, xinit

Please direct questions like this to debian-user.

On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 08:51:42AM -0400, Paul wrote:
> Hello branden, I have a question about the startx script that you
> modified. Would it affect xhost in any way??

No.

> I recently installed the xbase-common package and replaced the startx
> with the one you posed to the debian newsgroup, and now I can't connect
> to a local xserver using xhost.
>
> I do this:
> # as paul
> paul@bart:~$ xhost +localhost
>
> # as root
> bart:~# export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> bart:~# kpaint
> kpaint: cannot connect to X server localhost:0.0
>
> If you have any info plz let me know.

Well, if you started the X server as display :1, and there is no X server
on :0, that would explain the above quite tidily.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |  Suffer before God and ye shall be
Debian GNU/Linux                   |  redeemed.  God loves us, so He makes us