Error building lm-sensors (can't find i2c headers)

Hello.

I got a litle problem here... I am trying to build the version of
lm-sensors in sid, that now needs the current version of i2c. I then
installed lm-sensors-source, i2c-source and unpacked their tarballs
(from /usr/src) in my homedir.

So,  since I don't compile anything in /usr/src (I build as normal
user, inside my homedir), I have:

MODULE_LOC=/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/modules

Where I have unpacked i2c-source and lm-sensors-source:

socrates kernel:: ll modules/
total 12k
drwxr-xr-x   12 jeronimo jeronimo     4.0k Jul 14 17:39 alsa-driver-0.9+0beta4-5
drwx------    6 jeronimo jeronimo     4.0k Jul 14 17:09 i2c
drwx------   10 jeronimo jeronimo     4.0k Jul  7 17:13 lm-sensors

Well, alsa and i2c build fine, but when I try to build lm-sensors
(using kernel-package), this is what happens:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/modules/lm-sensors'
You don't appear to have i2c header files
available under /usr/src/modules/i2c.
You need a current version of i2c installed to
use this version of lm-sensors.
dh_testdir
/usr/bin/make all-kernel all-kernel-busses all-kernel-chips \
	LINUX=/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/linux-2.4.7-pre6 I2C_HEADERS=/usr/src/modules/i2c
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/modules/lm-sensors'

The same happens if I go into the directory where lm-sensors is
unpacked and do:

./debian/rules \
KVERS="2.4.7-pre6" \
KSRC="/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/linux-2.4.7-pre6" \
I2C_HEADERS="/home/jeronimo/Linux/kernel/modules/i2c"

At first, I thought this was related to bug #98657, but it seems to be
different (the bug is related to a gcc upgrade, not to i2c headers
location).

So... Do I need to have i2c headers in /usr/src? Shouldn't they be
found where MODULE_LOC points to?

I tried deleting the whole modules directory and unpacking the -source
packages again, but that didn't work either...

I must have missed something, but I can't see what it is...

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks,
J.