Re: several questios

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 05:15:46PM +0200, Martin Bretschneider wrote:

> 1. I want to update gpgme (libgpgme0) that I need for gnupg-support for my
> mua. In my distrubution the version 0.21 is integrated but it doesn't seem
> to have a gpgme.config my mua looks for. So I thought i update to 0.22. I
> editetd my soures.list and now it looks like that:
> deb ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free
> I live in Germany and so I chose that server.
> That looks well;)
>
> Then I did:
>
> # apt-get install libgpgme0
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Sorry, libgpgme0 is already the newest version.
> 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 291  not upgraded.
>
> So, is it possibel that the German-mirror hasn't the recent version?

The problem is that crypto-related stuff is in non-us.  This doesn't mean a
server outside of the US, but it's a separate section which you'll need to
include in your sources.list  I have a line like:

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main contrib non-free

If you include this, what you did should work.

> Nevertheless, I downloaded the packages manually and wonder how to
> install/update. I tried to use apt-setup and the filesystems-option but
> apt-get doesn't want my folders. I mkdired alle the dists...
>
> Is there any command like rpm -i [package]?

dpkg -i, but it's usually a better idea to use apt (easier, it fulfills the
dependencies for you).
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/