Re: Netscape Plugins

Bek Oberin wrote:

> I'm sync'd to Unstable as of a few days ago.  But this is a
> problem that's stayed there through many upgrades of Netscape.
>
> It won't recognize plugins.
>
> I have  installed RealPlayer via the debian package and it kept
> telling me it wasn't installed but then I installed it via the
> "click here" you get when something that needs RealPlayer comes
> up on a page and had alook and it just put exaaaactly the same
> stuff in the same directory trees as the Debian package did and
> - predictably - that didn't work either.
>
> I'm using Netscape 4.75.
>
> I don't think any of my other plugins are working either, but
> it's RealPlayer being the only one I want to use really ...

jojda:~...mp3/sigue_sigue_sputnik>ls
/usr/lib/netscape/477/communicator/plugins/|cat
ShockwaveFlash.class
cpPack1.jar
libflashplayer.so
libnullplugin.so
raclass.zip
rpnp.so

  not sure if that's the best way but that's where I put them and they
work. read the readme files and shell scripts that come with realplayer
(they will tell you what you need to do, you also need to set up
mime.types)

	erik