Problem: 'only root can unmount "/dev/something" from "/somewhere"'

Hi there,

on quite a number of machines I've encountered the problem, that a normal user
can mount filesystems ("user"-flag set in /etc/fstab) but when trying to
unmount, the above error is given instead. It seems a problem in either kernel
2.4 series or one of the new versions of "mount", since I never had that
problem before.

Any ideas?

Ciao,
Nobbi