pci ide device drivers; compiling drivers?

I am slowly making my way through /var/log/messages, and I ma trying to
correct the following error:

PCI_IDE: unknown IDE controller on PCI bus 00 device 40, VID=1095, DID=0643

My disk controller happens to be:

CMD Technology 646U2 Ultra DMA Controller

Maybe I've been staring at my computer for too many hours, but I can't find
anything that I might recognize as a straight forward, ready-to-go driver
for this controller.  However, I have found send several source files for
this driver (example follows), so I would like some instructions or a link
instructing me on compiling and installing the driver.

http://www2.linuxforum.net/lxr/http/source/drivers/block/cmd646.c

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.

- g