Re: xdm server

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:44:58PM -0300, GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI wrote:
> I want to configure my xdm server to show login window in
> linux network clients. What files should I edit in server
> to do that, and in the clients to startx login again xdm server?

Look into /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess.  You need to configure it to manage
remote displays.  If the machine running xdm for the thin clients
is itself headless, you can comment out the local servers listed in

On the clients, do something like "X -query $xdmhost".  If there are
multiple xdm hosts, you can try "X -broadcast" and try to get a chooser.
Read the real X and xdm manpages, my comments are from memory only.