Re: xdm server

On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 02:44:58PM -0300, GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI wrote:
> I want to configure my xdm server to show login window in
> linux network clients. What files should I edit in server
> to do that, and in the clients to startx login again xdm server?

Look into /etc/X11/xdm/Xaccess.  You need to configure it to manage
remote displays.  If the machine running xdm for the thin clients
is itself headless, you can comment out the local servers listed in
/etc/X11/xdm/Xservers.

On the clients, do something like "X -query $xdmhost".  If there are
multiple xdm hosts, you can try "X -broadcast" and try to get a chooser.
Read the real X and xdm manpages, my comments are from memory only.

Cheers,

Joost