From: Kelly Corbin [mailto:kcorbin@theiqgroup.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 4:18 PM
To: Debian Userslist
Subject: Unable to delete file

I'm trying to upgrade to the unstable release and have hit a major snag.

Doing an 'apt-get dist-upgrade' fails with the following message:

Unable to update link /usr/share/doc/tk8.2/copyright :
Operation not permitted

I've tried to delete/chmod/chown it as root to no avail; I still get the
'Operation not permitted'.

It's a freakin' copyright file!

How is that possible?

I thought running fsck would help, but it didn't.

Any ideas?  I'm completely stuck now and I've never seen anything like
this before.

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin
-- Systems Administrator