Re: Module Kernel Problems DAMMIT! :(

"Simon Lang" <ferret55@hotmail.com> writes:

[...]

> the kernel building process ( the "make modules" and make
> "modules_install" in particular)

On debian, you should generally use make-kpkg (apt-get install
kernel-package) to compile and install custom kernels.

> I am using the kernel source provided by my debian package
> v2.2.18pre21 and the current kernel is also the same version

I would recommend upgrading to a kernel version >= 2.2.19, as there
are some security issues in 2.2.18pre21.  See
<URL:http://www.debian.org/security/2001/dsa-047>.

> On a side note i am also looking for a way to compile DVD support into
> my system but don't have the udf.o module or the option during the
> config process to do this. any suggestions?

You will probably have to upgrade to a 2.4.x kernel for DVD support.
See <URL:http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html>.

--

Leonard Stiles <ljs@uk2.net>