Re: .bashrc

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:20:52AM -0500, Larry W. Irwin Sr. wrote:
>   Hi everyone,
>
>   I am running Debian potato and am having a problem with .bashrc.
>   It works fine as root but does not get executed when I log in as
>   a user. The default .bashrc contains one alias command (the rest
>   are commented out). When I type 'alias' (under the regular user
>   account), no aliases are shown. What gives?

I think you said it: "...the rest are commented out...". Debian bash is
set up this way by default. Just uncomment the alias lines you want to
use and the next time you log in you'll have the aliases.

When you create a new user, the .bashrc file is copied from /etc/skel,
so edit that one if you want all new users to start out with the aliases
active.

PM