Help with icewm-gnome

I'm running gnome, want to use icewm with the default theme.
Unfortunately, the Gnome Control Center's Window Manager caplet is
empty. How can I get icewm listed in there with all the themes,
etc.?

Here's how I got to this state:
- Installed potato base.
- Added woody sources.list lines
- Used dselect to install a ton of stuff, including gnome and two
  window managers: sawfish and icewm.

At that point gnome would come up in sawfish, only sawfish was
listed in the Windows Manager caplet.

- I used dselect to uninstall sawfish.

Now the Window Manager caplet was empty. Since then I've
force-removed icewm-gnome and reinstalled it, I've run apt-get
install --fix-broken but no luck. It would be nice to be alble to
run the configuration tool, select themes, etc.

TIA,

Paul

Sorry, no sig yet. The guys who collected my open-source
registration fee said they'd be right back with it...