Re: sysadmin won't allow linux - PLEASE HELP

* Hall Stevenson (hallstevenson@mindspring.com) spake thusly:
> > > They can either let you run linux, or pay for your
> > > MCSE courses.
> >
> > <grin>  I like these!
>
> That's reasonable ... as long as they've paid for everyone
> else's MCSE course who uses Windows on the campus.

Not really, only for those who claim they don't know how to use windows.
(OK, I exagerated with MCSE. There's a whole bunch of luser-level Windows,
Excel, Word etc. courses -- these are the ones I meant, obviously.)
And I have a friend who never used windoze until a couple of years ago: his
peecee experience was pre-windows, and he used Macs after that. So claiming
you never used windows is not as outrageous as it might seem.

Your employer expects you to use $TOOL productively. They can
1) let you use the tool you're familiar with, or
2) train you to use the other tool.
It's as simple as that.

Dima
--