Re: what is up the list

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:52:25AM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:

| > >Since you're message made it to the list and was
| > > posted, I believe you're subscribed.
| >
| > Posting to the Debian mailing lists is open to anybody:
| > it's not limited to subscribers.
|
| Thanks, I didn't know that... You just won't get any replies
| unless you specify for people to "cc" or reply directly
| though, huh ??

Right.

Or you could use the Mail-Followup-To header (that mutt and gnus obey)
to request a copy.  This is what I like about open lists, if I don't
want to subscribe and get a large volume of messages to sort through.
Of course people using clients like OE, Netscape, etc, won't
automatically reply to you because they (the mua) ignore the
Mail-Followup-To header.

-D