Re: another mouse problem ;-(

Try using /dev/gpmdata as your mouse device. This will cause X to get its
mouse input from gpm, and since gpm seems to be working this may solve your
problem. There may also be good reasons not to do this... I'm not sure.
Oh, another thing -- if it's a PS/2 mouse, under redhat it would be
/dev/mouse (which is usually the default that X tries), but under debian you
need to use /dev/psaux.

Good luck,
Nathan