Re: Installation problem

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 05:42:49PM +0800, Jimmy Lu wrote:
> I made a very stupid mistake.  I didn't read the installation manual very
> carefully.  The manual states that do not partition /dev but this is what
> I exactly did.  I am so embarrassed.  Now, every thing looks ok.
> Sorry to waste your valuable time.

Well, it is interesting to learn that this is yet another way to
make the kernel stop booting with the always obscure complaint:
"unable to open initial console".

The only really stupid mistake is not to accept your mistakes
and learn from them.  One of the best lessons learnt from your
own mistakes is that everyone makes mistakes once in a while.

Cheers,

Joost