Re: CVS breaks Makefile (pattern contains no "%" ??)

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 06:06:23PM -0500, will trillich wrote:
[snip]
> i've done a diff on the two resulting "Makefile"s and there's
> lots, lots, lots. under RCS, all went well, under CVS, "make" is
> broken somehow.
>
> (line 430 is "
> tardist : $(DISTVNAME).tar$(SUFFIX)
> " if it's relevant)
>
> what did i miss, here?

What's above that?  Anyway, cvs may be doing some unfortunate string
expansions like "$Log$" or "$Id$".  You can turn that off for any given
file with the "-ko" option to the "add" directive.  Not sure if that's
the problem, but I've seen it be a problem with C programs from time to
time, so clearly perl could be problematic.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>