Repeat: Problem with Postgresql database

I just upgraded from potato to Progeny Debian.  The upgrade went fairly
smooth (thanks Progeny) and the system seems to be working well.  My
problem is that the postgresql database says that my username does not
exist in the pg_shadow file any more.  I thought that this was a problem that
the users did not transfer so I created another user with the create user
command.  It still tells me that the pg_shadow file does not contain the
user.  Any ideas?

Thanks

Brian

Brian Schramm