deskjet 932C and cups

Has anyone been able to get an HP DeskJet 932C to work with cups on testing? If so, how? IIRC, this printer worked acceptably with cups on Mandrake 8 when I was running that.

Here's what I've done so far:

I first installed only cups (cupsys and cupsys-client), using http://localhost:631 to configure, but it wouldn't detect my parallel port. I then proceeded to install cupsomatic and configure the printer with lpadmin. lpadmin would set up the printer, but it would also print an error message that read something like "lpadmin: add-printer failed: resource not found on system" (it may've been a little different, I haven't read it since last night) and I'd get stair-stepping text every time I printed. At this point I noticed (surprise, surprise) that I could now see my parport with localhost:631 (although it appeared to detect it as a 930 instead of a 932). I couldn't however get any of the drivers to work right. The closest one was, I believe, the cdj550 which printed flawless color on the test page but b/w text went off the left side of the page.

I'm getting tired of piling useless rubbish paper beside my desk (killing trees :-) and would like to just get the stupid thing working... Any help would be appreciated.

TIA