Re: multihomed linux box

sorry bout the long delay my mail server decided to die
on me a couple days ago..copy/pasted your reply from
the archives.

GNU Zebra :)

i'll check that out.

Oh, and I have good news: in my *limited* testing, your trick with the
metrics works fine: I remotely disabled one of the internet connections
at
work, and the Linux firewall *automatically* switched over to use one of
the other internet connections.  Thanks to the magic of policy routing I
sayed in contact with the firewall the whole time :)

i didn't. i just tried it.

I do, however, have rp_filter turned off (ie I have "spoofprotect=no" in
/etc/network/options).

i tried that too.

my config

iface eth0 inet static
	address 10.121.110.35
	netmask 255.255.255.224
	network 10.121.110.0
	broadcast 10.121.110.255
	gateway 10.121.110.33

iface eth1 inet static
	address 10.113.243.240
	netmask 255.255.255.224
	network 10.113.243.0
	broadcast 10.113.243.255
	gateway 10.113.243.225

Router A Ethernet0 address: 10.121.110.33
Router B Ethernet0 address: 10.113.243.225

i set in /etc/network/options:
ip_forward=yes
spoofprotect=no
syncookies=yes

(tried both ip_forward on and off)

restarted, /etc/init.d/network restart

could no longer ping 10.113.243.225, can get out
onto the net via 10.121.110.33 no problem. once
i unplug router A, all network activity stops.
nothing can get in/out. if i did an ifconfig
eth0 down, i could access 10.113.243.225

any changes to my config that you can reccomend to
me?

i'll see if i can find that GNU zebra

thanks!

nate