Re: GRUB & Rieserfs

>From what I've read and seen GRUB can read Reiserfs:  at least that's what I
thought the reiserfs_stage1_5 file was to provide...

Am I far off here?  I've read MANY docs and I've seen several references to
GRUB supporting Reiserfs.

I REALLY want to use GRUB, and I wanted to play with reiserfs as well.  The
system got stripped down to the bare minimum packages so I could move things
around, but I gotta get it back up and running so I can use the blasted thing to

actually DO some work on with it...

So, do I scrap GRUB (which would be easier to reinstall at a later date) or do
I put one or more ext2 file systems where I was going to have one large
reiserfs?
(LILO seems so old... )

So far I can get GRUB to come up, and can boot to about any ext2 partition I
choose.
I can mount the reiserfs file systems on any of those once I'm up and running.
This makes me believe that I have GRUB installed properly and that my kernel
really does support reiserfs.

Is it the kernel or the boot loader that makes the call to init?  If the kernel
is making
the call and it has already loaded the root file system (as the boot time
messages
appear to indicate) then why can't it find init?  The message says to try to
pass an
init= parameter to the kernel (which I did with no luck...) so that makes me
think
that it is the kernel who's unable to read the file system.

Could this have anything to do with the notail option?  Should I have created
the
reiserfs an mounted it with notail before I copied any files on to it?  Are
there
kernel parameters that can be passed that effect how the root file system is
mounted?

Chuck