Re: iptables install

	Subject: iptables install
	Date: Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 05:05:04PM -0300

Quoting GARGIULO Eduardo INGDESI(YAPEDU@SIDERAR.COM):
> I'd intalled potato, and dist-upgraded it to compile 2.4.5 kernel.
> Now, I want to install iptables, but it's not on potato's CDs.
> How should I do to configure sources.list and could install iptables?
> If I find the iptables_XX.deb file at packages.debian.org, how should
> I install it?

To upgrade potato you need more then just the latest kernel (2.4.6).
add these to your sources.list and do the apt-get update && apt-get
dist-upgrade again.

deb http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

> thanks and sorry for my english

Your welcome.  I see nothing in your writing to make me think you are
not a native English speaker.  You have nothing to be sorry for.

Best Regards

Wayne

--
Think of your family tonight.  Try to crawl home after the computer
crashes.