> #
> delay=20
> vga=normal
> #
> default=linux
>
> image=/lin-2.2        # kernel 2.2.19
>         label=linux
>         read-only
>
> image=/lin-2.4        # kernel 2.4.5 from kernel-image WORKING
>         root=/dev/hda2
>         label=lin2.4
>         initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.5-686
>         read-only
>
> image=/lin-2.4-vic01   # my kernel 2.4.5 NOT WORKING
>         root=/dev/hda2
>         label=prova
>         initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.5-686
>         read-only
>
> Bye
> Vittorio

I can't see anything wrong with that other than You are a hell of a lot
more organized and neat than I. ;-)

This is a learning thread for me Vittorio. I'd never even consciously
considered that a Linux kernel might conceivable be compiled for, or
should I say without ext2 for another file system, except maybe
minix(sp?). Think instead of making any more suggestions, I'm going to
just watch and see if I can learn something.

Charlie