Re: Cannot connect to a website from debian linux box

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 11:40:12PM -0400, Shaji N V wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem in connecting to a website from my linux box. I use
> dialup connection through my ISP or log on to my work(via dialup). The
> strange thing is that all machines at work are able to access the website
> (sun or windows), by my linux box cannot. If I boot the machine in windows,
> then I can connect to the website either thro work or ISP. The website is
> running https, so I try the following on the sun box:

Perhaps this has something to do with the ecn.  It seems that debian 2.4.x
precompiled kernels ship with ecn enabled.  A few firewalls are brokenly
filtering (and dropping) ecn enabled packets, however.

You can disable ecn by:
echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

Mike