Re: Problem with fetchmail (was: I can't start with mutt)

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 02:50:41PM +0200, Krzysztof Mazurczyk wrote:
| It's a bit more clear
| Mutt is OK. If I copied file with post from server to workstation
| Mutt reads post. But if mai is fetched by fetchmail, mutt
| displays only./var/spool/mail/myuser is not a mailbox
|
| Diff shows that fetchmail deleted first line
| >From kmazurczyk@wskiz.poznan.pl ...
| and inserted
|       by localhost with POP3 (fetchmail-5.3.3)
|       for myuser@localhost (single drop); ...
|
| When I edited my mailbox and restored dropped line
| mutt could read my mail.
|
| Let's summarize: Mutt require From ... as first line which line
| is deleted by fetchmail. Any comments ?

Yes, but mutt isn't the only thing that requires a "From" line (not to
be confused with a "From:" line).  It is part of the mbox
specification.  Perhaps fetchmail or your mda isn't behaving well.
Could you post your .fetchmailrc file; replacing your password with
dummy text, of course.

HTH,
-D