Re: Microsoft Reader... argh!

    Greets,

I bit my tongue with this original post.. I just registered for school and
sat down with my wonderful councillor to finger out my schedule for the next
four+ years of courses. I don't plan to do computers for profit, just kicks
(needed for financial aid). As she started quoting off the courses, I nearly
passed out when well over half of them depended on M$ products! If my bride
hadn't been there, I might have gone over the edge.

This is a damn sad state when a university is forcing evil products on kids
without even considering pure products like debian!

I didn't pull out, but I insisted we would have to have some talks campus
wide about this evilness since at least one new student won't play with, nor
install M$ products on his machines.

Now with the trend of commercial linux distros charging by the license (one
license for one box), debian is needed now more then ever.
REF:  http://lwn.net/2001/0628/

I want to applaud your efforts, and kind consideration of your students.

Three cheers for the good guy - -  hip hip hip hurry!

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user \/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.