Re: upgrading to kernel 2.4.5

I disagree here. Once you bastardize a perfectly good potato system
there's no easy turning back. If it is running smoothly (and there's
no reason it shouldn't) then I think you should let it keep doing well
what it does well (everything).

You'll notice no real difference to 2.4 unless you're running a
server, and I doubt your laptop qualifies in that category!

The only reason you might be compelled to do so is to gain USB
support, if you need that sort of thing. For me, I've found that my
fancy new logitech trackball works just as well with the provided PS/2
adaptor, which has been supported since the dawn of time (plus or
minus).

Vineet

* ktb (ktb@nixnotes.org) [010704 12:06]: