Re: apt-get/dselect-problem

Am 08. Jul, 2001 schwäzte Martin Bretschneider so:

> I've got four Sid-images (from may) and wanted to update some proggies.
> But there weren't any updates for gpgme (lobgpgme0) that doesn't installed
> a config-file that is needed to compile my mua with gpg-support.
>
> Nevertheless, now I wanted to install some packages from the cds, but
> dselect wants to install them from the ftp-server I put in
> /etc/apt/sources.list:

Not sure how this will affect dselect, but comment out the ftp sites and do
an apt-get update. That will remove the entries for the ftp sites, so the
CDs should be used.

Alternative ( and cooler, but I haven't tried it ), use
/etc/apt/preferences.

If you're using apt out of woody or later, then you can use
/etc/apt/preferences. I don't know what to put to use the CDs, but look at
the man page for apt_preferences and I'd think Origin is what needs to be
used.

For a further alternative if preferences doesn't work out well and this is
something you run into a lot look at:

http://home.pages.de/~lufthans/unix/

You want the "security, testing and unstable updater for debian". It's easy
enough to tweak one of those to become apt-cd.

Again, not certain how this would work with dselect, but once you've updated
appropriately you could use apt-get install packagename or apt-cd install
packagename.

ciao,

der.hans
--
# der.hans@LuftHans.com home.pages.de/~lufthans/ www.DevelopOnline.com
#  When I work, I work hard. When I play, I play hard.