Re: No keyboard or mouse in X

On Sat, Jul 07, 2001 at 09:26:21PM -0700, Geoffrey Romer wrote:

> > 'usbmouse' myself just to let you know. My mouse is the same as the one
> > you have. So, you'll need to make sure you have those modules in your
> > kernel config. Here's my relevent modules listing for you...
> >
> > lsmod
> >
> > mousedev
> > hid
> > input
> > usb-uhci
> > usbcore
>
> Your solution worked (thanks!) with one proviso- I had to insmod the relevant
> modules by hand (I did the kernel recompile and install using the standard
> make-kpkg and dpkg mechanisms). How do I arrange for the necessary modules to
> load automatically at boot?

	Hi Again,

	Great! I'm glad to hear.  :-)  I've enver used make-kpkg before
myself, but am considering trying to learn to use it for my next kernel
compilation. I'm having to wait for that though. There's no driver
update for my new Promise ATA-100 TX2 Controller card for kernel-2.4.7
series at linux-ide.org yet.
	The way I get modules to load up at boot time is tup them in the
file /etc/modules. You just put each module name on it's own line in
there. A way to get modules to load only when neeeded and called upon by
the kernel is to put them followed by the proper parameters(if the
module needs one) into the file /etc/modutils/aliases and then run the
command 'update-modules'.

	Hope That Helps,

	Jimmy Richards

> --
> Geoffrey M. Romer
> gromer@hmc.edu
> ---
> "Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right"
>                                                           -Salvor Hardin
> "I can't leave you alone with this man! He might be a tenor!"
                                                           -Fred Astaire